Thursday, December 10, 2009
This super easy side dish would be a colorful complement to the carrot beet soup and the fiery sweet potatoes that I just blogged about.My inner child still adores the color purple, so I've chosen to use purple cauliflower for this dish; but you can bring it down to earth with herbs like thyme and tarragon and make it easy for that inner child to get the nutrients it needs too! You can also substitute the onions for shallots if you like.
* 2 heads of purple cauliflower florets
* 2 heads broccoli florets
* half a large red onion, sliced
* 3 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tbsp. thyme
* 1 tsp tarragon
* squeeze of lemon, if desired
* salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cauliflower and broccoli florets, red onion slices. olive oil, thyme, tarragon, lemon if using, and salt and pepper until veggies are coated.
2) Spread veggies over a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but still firm. Serve hot.