Thursday, November 5, 2009
Another quick, easy, and protein-filled Mexican-style salad for your eating pleasure! This one keeps it light and fresh with the addition of lime and cilantro, but it's packed with black beans and pieces of Quorn veggie chicken to make a satisfying appetizer or meal. If you haven't been clued into Quorn, I can't recommend it enough- it's a mushroom protein based meat substitute, and it's texture is phenomenal- just ask the carnivores I've fed it to! Serve this as it is, or wrap in tortillas.
* 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 pint of grape tomatoes
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
* 1 medium red onion, diced
* 1 cup of Quorn veggie chicken tenders, heated through
* juice of 1 lime
* 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
* salt & pepper to taste
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix. Place in the refrigerator for one to two hours to chill and allow flavors to blend.