Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Most of the recipes on this blog are my own, but when a recipe that I find online sounds too good to be true, I have to try it... and pass along the recipe of course, because sharing is caring!
I tweaked this recipe for a cucumber melon salsa accompaniment on Chow.com... and though I certainly wouldn't be using the recipe with meat, obviously, I thought this would be just a sweet crunchy side to a veggie burger, or to some variety of vegan potato salad. I also tossed this with baby greens and tofu for a refreshing summer salad. The uses are endless; I recommend whipping this up and finding your own favorite way to serve it.
* 2 cups diced cucumber- I used 2 or 3 Kirby cucumbers
* 1 cup diced cantelope
* 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
* 4 1/2 tsp. olive oil
* 4 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
* 2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 2 tsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
1) Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until coated. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.