Friday, May 22, 2009
I had an amazing version of this northern Italian dish at Lupa (one of the few but absolutely amazing veg friendly dishes on their menu), and though I can't recreate the experience, I'm sharing my version with you. It's a satisfying meal that you can easily make when you get home from work. Because there are so few ingredients, be sure to use the freshest you can find. Always simple, always yummy!
* 1/2 lb. of whole wheat linguine
* 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
* 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
* pinch of salt
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about ten to 13 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
2) Add drained pasta into a large serving bowl and toss with butter. Add the cheese, black pepper, salt, and cooking water. Toss until pasta is well coated. Serve hot and garnish with parsley if desired.